Catering Sales Manager
The beautiful Sundial Beach Resort located on Sanibel Island, Florida is seeking a dynamic leader in the Catering Sales Manager. The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for sales, planning and coordination of all weddings and social event business. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- Book and coordinate a variety of events concentrating on weddings and high end social catering functions
- Targets group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation
- Partners with group/catering counterpart to effectively manage the business
- Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and each property's revenue goals
- Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue
- Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions
- Designs, develops and sells creative catered events
- Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage
- Closes the best opportunities for property based on market conditions and individual property needs
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of hotel Catering Sales, Conference Services or Group Sales Experience
- Delphi experience preferred
- Must possess a high degree of initiative with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong negotiating and closing skills
- Ability to discuss food and beverage with excellent knowledge
- Ability to manage various projects simultaneously and partner with resort departments in the planning and execution of events.
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members and guests.
Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
Our compensation package includes Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts and paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.